Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Xavier Valls

This post is brought to you as part of Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday.  Click the button on the right to join the fun.


Instead of my typically "wordy" blog entry, I thought I would share a couple of paintings by Xavier Valls.  The choices were made based upon my being partial to windows, doors, and winding paths.  I like to imagine the possibilities at the end of the lane, around the bend, outside the window, etc.  It probably comes from sitting in a drab office cubicle all day.

I love the way Xavier uses soft and subtle colors.  I find them soothing.  I hope you enjoy these and check out other paintings from this wonderful artist.




16 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful paintings, I am going to look for more, Great X word too.
    Riet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to this artist. I love paths, and am slightly obsessed with laboryths! Great "X" post, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just wonderful. I really like the way he shows light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be getting old, they all look blurred to me. Or it could be his style. No, I’m old

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah this is super great...I am a big huge fan of window and door photos...don't know why but I think they're great...and have a story to every one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this "x" post,Xavier.So simple yet so magnificent.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and beautiful! I'll go check out some more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this‘X’ post and those images!

    Have a great weekend,

    XOXO LOLA:)

    Alphabe-Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of this artist, but I do like the work!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I especially like the second one. If I was naming it, I might call it "bringing the outside in." I like how the contents of the vase echo the view outside the window.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful paintings :) I love the soft color and the simple details too. Something about his technique makes these painting very nostalgic feeling for me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know this artist, but I am enchanted. Those soft dreamy colors while still capturing detail is really fabulous!

    Thanks for an Xcellent X link!

    I'm going to google him!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty. I like the colors. I'm always amazed how an artist can blend things this way. For me its always a hard line.

    ReplyDelete