Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Blessed Life

This is the first in a series of posts to honor Granny.  Granny is Mom's mother.  She was born on March 18, 1905 and went on to her reward on November 30, 2007.  She was 102 and one of the funniest women I ever knew.  She lived with Mom and Dad the last 11 years of her life and Hubby, Princess and I were blessed to be nearby for those last two years. 

Granny passed away in her own bed with Mom and Dad beside her.  It was fitting.  She always would point to her bed and say, "This is the bed I made and birthed my children in."  The only child not born in the bed was Mom.  Mom is the youngest and Granny was white-headed by the time she was born.  Knowing my uncles, I'm not surprised.  She had the most beautiful white hair and I hope mine looks like it some day.

Granny in her youth.


Granny on her wedding day.


Granny and Pawpaw through the years

and at their 50th wedding anniversary.


Granny in the late 1950's.


Granny and I.


Granny loved to be silly...

even at 100!

There was sure to be a lot of laughter when Mom and her brothers showed up.


Granny sure could talk up a blue streak...

especially with her little sister.



Granny always told me I was more like a daughter to her than a granddaughter.  I'm glad she thought of me in that way.  I miss her very much.  She is one of the reasons I've had such a blessed life.

  Lisa H.

No comments:

Post a Comment